My Baby’s Growing Up!
Quick note… my computer was having some troubles after moving and we’ve been troubleshooting for awhile. Mixed with all the holidays, I was on a little blog vacation!
Update on Development
11 Months, 9 Days Old (49 wks, 1d)
About 24lbs, 30in
- Crawling everywhere and pulling up to his knees (sometimes attempts getting a foot under him)
- Talks gibberish often, sometimes getting real words formed (mama, dada, baby, hi)
- Loves to pick things up with his pincer grasp, and is of course a big fan of electronics (phones, controllers, remotes, etc)
- Loves anything with music/sounds, faces, rattles/shakers, things that light-up, and of course his jumper (he’s a bouncy baby).
- Most of all, things that are not his toys seem to be the most fun to play with!
- He loves to smile, giggle, and laugh often. Now that he’s mobile, it’s all about exploration!
Solids is still a work in progress. Some days he eats more than others, but in general it’s not as much as it seems he should be eating. Still eats anything we give him, but the amount varies. He stuffs his face with mozzarella cheese, peaches, apple, broccoli, and peas but is hesitant about a lot of meats.
Not sure if it’s repeatable, but last night he only woke up once to nurse! He did wake up after 20-30min a couple times when he first went to sleep but not sure what that was about. In total he averages 11.5hrs at night if he doesn’t go to bed too late. We recently lowered his crib mattress to the bottom level and it took a day of adjustment with naps. In general he’s on a solid 2-nap schedule. Generally 2-2.5hrs after wake-up he goes down for nap 1 (between 8:30-10:30am). About 2.5-3hrs after that nap he goes down for nap 2. Together his naps equal about 3hrs of sleep on average. Bed time is then 3.5-4.5hrs after that (6-8:30pm).